Thursday, October 25, 2007
Senator Barack Obama's campaign for presidency. Tell me if you don't feel his passion and heart for the people he's serving. Will he change the course of black history by being the first black president of the United States of America?
I may be no American,and I may have no business with American politics, who becomes president, etc. But I have a business to be challenged by the fact that history's about to change when the great nation of American could open up its political doors to a black man and potentially have him lead the American people from the platform of a power, influence and laedership.
Can you imagine the impact he's gonna make with his succesful election, not just in America, for the American people, but in the world, for the people of the world whose voices do not speak as loudly as their American counterparts.
Below are 3 videos from Barack's site:
1. Canvass for Change Rally at Des Moines, Iowa on 13 Oct 2007:
2. Barack's speech at DePaul University, Chicago on 2 Oct 2007:
3. Alice Walker speaks on Barack:
If your life is channelled towards doing something you are passionately driven by, the fruit of your labour will display an achievement so fulfilling, so impactful. -A.T.
I have always believed all things are possible. This belief is further enhanced by my discovery of Barack Obama's achievement in politics - a black American, a Senator for the State of Illinois, and a probable presidency candidate.
To learn a lil' more on Barack Obama, check out http://www.barackobama.com/about/
For a thorough read into his life and family history, read "Dreams from my Father". For his thoughts on American politics, read "The Audacity of Hope".
Monday, October 01, 2007
He's always helping me get into the right learning environment to advance my interests, to name a few:
1. When I wanted to write more - he encouraged me to blog
2. When I wanted to read more - he buys me books from time to time, and the amazing thing is, he uses wise discernment to get me the exact kind of books that get me ticking!
3. When I wanted to learn French - he found me a website to learn French with others online
4. When I wanted to swim more often - he accompanies me to the pool, not swimming himself, but bringing his laptop to do his work or a book along to read
5. When I wanted to go to JB once a month to visit my parents - he puts aside his own agendas to accompany me and spend quality time with my family
6. When I am down - he buys me things, brings me places, and be extra sweet to melt my misery away
The list above is by no doubt non-exhaustive. Words would fail me to list the sweetness, kindness, grace and love he's shown and constantly showing me.
I often say this and I'm gonna say it again - I know how much God loves me through the love He brings into my life - family, friends, leaders, colleagues, all things beautiful. The most beautiful of all, my greatest love on earth - my husband and best bud, JPK ;)