Monday, April 11, 2011

Journey to Ironhood: Week 13

Week 13 (4-10 Apr):

I've been eating, sleeping, thinking, dreaming, planning, strategizing, talking, formulating, executing IronMan the past many weeks. Never before have I been so consumed by a single desire that totally takes over the course of my life. While I wouldn't say this is entirely advisable and sustainable; well, certainly not sustainable; I might have finally understood what it means to be 100% focused. And can I say, I love being in the zone, staying in the zone, building my Iron laboratory day by day, week by week.

On a lighter note, here's a list of food I totally dig these past couple of weeks:
  • Bananas, taken before each workout
  • Soya milk, a great recovery drink, especially after a strenuous workout
  • Oranges, a great thirst quencher, especially at night
  • Bread, my all-time favorite companion
  • Vege, in huge quantities
  • Rice, an essential I can't do without, in considerable quantity, or I'll not be able to sustain through the day
It may look like a pathetic list, but seriously, it isn't. I'm happy eating simply, but sufficiently, and keeping myself fueled through the day. It's incredibly gratifying to eat, sleep, train and work the way I do.

Oh, come now week 14!

No comments: