Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Journey to Ironhood: Week 21

Week 21 (30 May - 5 Jun):

What goes up must come down. This applies also to fitness. In sports, it's commonly understood that training + rest = improvement, and while athletes typically train 3 weeks and rest a week, we're expected to bounce back stronger in week 4.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case for me. After a week's hiatus following my fall while riding, my body spiraled into an all-time low. This shouldn't normally happen to one who has been training consistently the past many months, and fitness is not something that is lost overnight, or a week. But it happened alright, and I'm forced to evaluate my training regime. Planning a training regime for maximum results is an art, as any craft that desires to tune something as complex as the human body into precision, conditioning and performance would.

I'm on a continuous learning process. Even after 5 months of training, I still haven't gotten all of my training right. What can I say? I'm a work I'm progress, or more precisely, iron in the making. ;)

No comments: