Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Journey to Ironhood: Week 22


Week 22 (6-12 Jun):

One of the beauty of training for an IronMan race is that you keep learning... because you're never quite there. Even if you're a pro triathlete, there are always better participants striving to outdo you, other competitors, or simply, themselves.

I'm appreciating this season of being down, down, down. No, I don't mean emotionally, but physically and mentally. I'm in a state of flux. Learning, applying, persevering, striving, overcoming, bettering. Acquiring physical and mental muscles to get me up, up, up for race day. Even then, I can't guarantee that I'll indeed be fully up come August when I stand nervously at the shore of the lake, as I behold over a thousand super fit and ripped triathletes about to lunge into the lake as I would, and battle out our bodies and hearts on the course for some 8-16 hours.

All I can say is, as long as I make it to race day, and stick the course, come what may, whether I cross the finishing line or not, I stand a champ for having worked hard and given my very best.

No comments: