Sunday, August 13, 2006

Oprah on Life


She emerged from poverty and abuse to being one of the highest paid women talk show hosts in America today. Her career on t.v. appeals to millions worldwide, bringing on people and topics quite unlike the typical media content. Wholesome, truthful, informative as well as therapeutic, The Oprah Winfrey Show tops charts and bags awards throughout its 20 years in show history. Women all round the world love Oprah because here is one who has the courage, charisma and confidence to speak like no other American icon.

Here are a couple of quotes from Oprah which I find astounding:


"I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose a child or a family member. I wonder: Will [victims of the Oklahoma federal building bombing] ever sle
ep again?

My father turned my life around by insisting I could be more than I was.


Although I'm grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes.


My grandmother taught me that prayer is the most valuable tool you could have. And always pray on your knees because one day you won't be able to bend down."

No comments: