Wednesday, September 13, 2006

GuiDance

May this help you tremendously today and many more days to come.

When I meditate on the word GUIDANCE,

I am drawn to "dance" at the end of the word.
I reflect upon how doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes this and lets the other lead,
both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness,
and attentiveness from one person
and gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes draw back to the word GUIDANCE.
When I see "G," I think of God, followed by "u" and "i"
"God, "u" and "i" "dance."!
God, you, and I dance.
This statement is what “guidance” means to me.
As I lower my head, I become willing to trust
that I will get guidance about my life.
Once again, I become willing to let God lead.


I hope you dance.

- Anonymous


No comments: