Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Life Management

Time for honest reflection. Here’s what’s been happening. I’m currently juggling a full time job in a large and prestigious firm which asserts on excellence, efficiency and diligence as well as a good attitude, and pursuing a part time degree which packs its modules pretty tightly through the week. I’ve done a careful study on my lecture timetable – it doesn’t look too promising - as the months progress, I’ll be sandwiched with 4 out of 5 weekday nights of lessons. Boy, I sure am in for a rough ride. But please don’t get me wrong. I am enjoying both work and studies at the moment; it’s just that I am grappling with little time and lots of youthful desire for more sleep time. I’m neither eating well nor getting seats in the MRT or buses, rushing from work to lesson to home. If I’m complaining, it must only be because I do not know how to manage my time and priorities.

Like any of us with big dreams, I want to score ace in my work, studies and personal life. When I mention personal life, I mean my personal pursuit for creative gratification, and in my case, it’s music playing. I play the drums. Yes you know that, 'coz my blog's url is "lildrummergie" (duh!). Short for Little Drummer Angie. And yes, I got the idea from the well-loved Christmas carol The Little Drummer Boy.

Now, what’s bugging me is that I’m not swimming above the tide, but rather, under, at this preliminary stage of my work and studies. And seeing that both work and studies load are gonna increase in the coming months, I fear that without proper deliberation and planning, I am gonna kick myself in frustration and despair in discouragement. The maxim is true, that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

So, having said all, I hope to plan my schedule right, and work on my agendas diligently, and see myself perform exceptionally in all areas that are important to me – work, studies and music. I hope to come back with a bright and cheery report in the coming months. Till then, wish me well. ;)

P/S: It helps that I have tremendous friends and an awesome man who completes my world. It helps greatly in asserting assurance, acceptance and security, so I know at the end of the day, I've got God-given friendships and relationships to make it all worthwhile.

No comments: