Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wind Beneath My Wings

Caught the Progressive Rock fever yesterday when Alvin introduced the head banging Sonata Arctica and their fantastic rock remix of the all-time classic "Wind Beneath My Wings" originally by Bette Midler. Up & rising guitarist from the East, Jason Ong, has a rather comprehensive write up on Progressive Rock in his blog - http://jasonguitartalk.blogspot.com, with videos from Dream Theatre & Sonata Arctica. Check it out.

Below are the words behind the song - to which I dedicate to larlin' JO. ;)

It must have been cold there in my shadow
To never have sunlight in your face
And you can content to let me shine
You always walked a step behind

I was the one with all the glory
While you were the one with all the strength
Only a face without a name
I never once heard you complain

Did you ever know that you're my hero
And everything I would like to be
I can fly higher than an eagle
Cause you are the wind beneath my wings

It might have appeared to go unnoticed
but I've got it all here in my heart
I want you to know, I know the truth, yes I do
I would be nothing without you

No comments: