Friday, May 26, 2006

Loneliness


In a world plagued with an overwhelming sense of loneliness, evident across faces, people, names and personalities, let's get to the bottom of the issue and understand what loneliness truly is.

Ravi Zacharias' take on loneliness:

If you've not learnt to worship Him in the aloneness of your life, you'll never be able to deal with the problem of loneliness. In the darkness of a dungeon, you can be alone and still have something greater than the darkness around you. That's worshipping God with your innermost being.

Loneliness is not so much aloneness as it is a sense of emotional abandonment.

Worship takes away loneliness because:

1. It binds the fragmented areas of your life - fusing it with meaning.

- Eric Lidell in Chariots of fire: "When I run, I feel God's pleasure."

- Worship pulls the fragmented area of my life - when I play music, when I write. Every area of my life becomes worship.

2. It bestows dignity to every calling.

3. It brings purpose

4. It builds gratitude


No comments: